Story Submissions Recap:
I accept street harassment submissions from anywhere in the world. Share your story!
- Stop Street Harassment Blog: 4 stories from people in New York, Wales, India, and Chicago
- HollaBack DC!: 5 new stories
- HollaBack Israel: 9 new stories
- HollaBack NYC: 7 new stories
- HollaBack Toronto: 1 new story
- The Star Online, “Rapid Lady Bus for the fairer sex“
- News Blaze, “41 Countries Affirm The Need to Ensure Safety of Women“
- The Star, “HerSpace: Mideast women log on, speak out“
- Al Masry Al Youm, “678: Sexual harassment in a movie“
- The National, “Film shines spotlight on Egypt’s sexual harassment“
- Bikyamasr, “Safe Cities … Making Cairo safe for all“
- Emma, “Brull zuruck!“
- Fast Company, “Change Generation: Emily May, Executive Director, Hollaback!“
- TBD.com, “Holla Back DC! counts every catcall“
- Moojos.com, “The Pervert, Creep, and the Crude Oaf: Making Threat Assessments When Being Harassed on the Street“
- Feministing, “Making the links between street harassment, bullying, and toxic masculinity“
- A Very Rude Girl, “I Ain’t No Hollaback Girl“
- The Rhodes Project, “On Street Harassment and Blaming the Victim“
- Jezebel, “How To Shout Down A Perv: Tips And Tricks From The Subway Badass“
- Write-Sizing, “Street Harassment in 2010“
- F-Bomb, “Survival of the Fittest“
- Fully Engaged Feminism Podcast, “Episode 20 – Street Harassment, TV & ‘Sexy Dolls’”
- Join RightRides in NYC on Jan 4th @ Union Square 2-5 p.m. to pass out information on keeping mass transit safe for women & LGBTQ folks! http://tinyurl.com/NYFSTOutreach
- Here are ideas for end-of-year-giving to organizations that work to make public places safer for women and girls, and you can also find a few gift ideas for people who care about ending street harassment
- Did you miss the Dec. 11th Webinar about writing street harassment op-eds with journalist Elizabeth Mendez Berry? Here’s the recording if so!
- Consider buying the book Stop Street Harassment for a holiday gift.
- Are you in the Washington, DC – area? If you are, please take an online survey for HollaBack DC!
- Take a survey about your cab use-age for a researcher’s project
- Are you a college student or work on a campus? Take SAFER’s Winter Break Challenge and help improve campus sexual assault policies across the nation
- Are you in Egypt? Use HarassMap to report your street harassers
- Have an iPhone? Download a new iPhone app that lets you report street harassers!
Tweets from the Week:
- JessiDG Welcome to the anti-#streetharassment scene @HollaBackBmore ! We’re glad you’re here to speak for Charm City.
- elmyra @bunnyrabble A do think a *lot* violence women experience is gender-based – both major like rape and minor like street harassment.
- JustFemmeMedia “Bangalore is definitely safe for women” – C K Meena, Journalist & author #pEtEmaatu http://ow.ly/3nV29
- hkearl Girl commits suicide after sexual harassment in Jharkhand http://tinyurl.com/2aocpoq #streetharassment #VAW
- shantique http://tinyurl.com/22vr5bd Street Harassment or How I Spent My Summer Vacation!
- WomensRights: Intl Violence Against Women Act passed in the Senate Foreign Relations Cmtte! (via @amnesty) http://bit.ly/fYUGlL #VAWJustFemme Street sexual harassment: The men who speak out http://nblo.gs/bOHvN
- tameshadps85 http://ping.fm/sygWr No writing on street harassment is complete without an examination of the role of male bystanders. In this condition,
- sasaragor How many women do you see goobing on the street day-to-day? Now how many men? Whose streets? #streetharassment