Story Submissions Recap:
I accept street harassment submissions from anywhere in the world. Share your story!
- Stop Street Harassment Blog: 2 new stories from women in New York City and Illinois.
- HollaBack DC!: 3 new stories
- HollaBack NYC: 5 new stories
- HollaBackLDN: 3 new stories
- HollaBack Savannah: 1 new story
In the News, On the Blogs:
- BBC News, “Woman on Tracks Halts Train after Cardiff Fans’ Abuse“
- Huffington Post, “A Cure for Cat-calling?“
- NY Post, “Perv in a Pixel“
- Palisades Post, “Holly Kearl: On Why Cat Calls Have Got to Go“
- F Bomb, “Street Harassment and Sluts“
- Women’s View on the News, “Predator jailed for raping three homeless women“
- HollaBack DC! “Primetime TV and Street Harassment“
- Hello Beautiful, “Article on street harassment of women prompts public hearing“
- Stop Street Harassment, “Using stand-up comedy to raise awareness about street harassment“
- I’m no Picasso Blog, “No more clubs: dirty Incheon girl at heart“
- Is the book Stop Street Harassment at your library? If not, request it! You can also buy it online at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.c
- HollaBack NYC is hiring a Program Director & had a new website!
- HollaBack DC! is looking for a graphic design intern
- The London Anti-Street Harassment Campaign is growing so much that it’s now the UK Anti-Street Harassment Campaign. Find out how you can get involved. ASH campaigns will be starting soon in Belfast, Edinburgh, and Manchester.
- New HollaBacks will be launching soon in Los Angeles, Buenos Aires (@iHollabackBA), San Jose, Philadelphia, Berlin, and Paris!
- RightRides is looking for interns & volunteers in NYC
- Oct. 12: HollaBack NYC is co-hosting a happy hour with Envision Williamsburg and Feministing in Brooklyn, NY
- Oct. 12: Street harassment book talk at the Red Cross building, Pasadena, CA, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 13: Street harassment book talk at Village Books, Pacific Palisades, CA, 7:30 p.m.
- Oct. 14: RightRides Benefit in NYC, 6-9 p.m.
- Oct. 14: Street harassment book talk at University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, 4 p.m.
- Oct. 16: Street harassment book talk at the library of the University of Alaska, Anchorage, 4 p.m.
- Oct. 18: Street harassment meeting in London, 7 p.m.
10 Tweets from the Week:
- MissDivaOlivia Street harassment… I don’t owe a fucking response to ANYONE, polite or rude!
- rightsandwrongs: “I always foolishly think cold weather = more clothes = less #streetharassment, but I am wrong” via @iHollaback
- WoodsieGirl @hkearl Check it out – Lego activity book condones street harassment: http://flic.kr/p/8GQ8x8 (via @ostephens)
- TheSliverParty #liesyoushouldntfallfor Street harassment is a compliment. #fem2
- ShanteParadigm Straight men: street sexual aggression/harassment is NOT flattery!
- euonymy Street harassment: really fucking unpleasant.
- GirlOnAStar Bad catcall of the day: “nice hamper baby”.. As I was carrying my laundry to the car. #FAIL #cheesylines
- CatCall The other day I was bending over to lock up my bike and I hear, “Gorgeous.”
- HeatherLaFunny Wish people would stop trying to catcall in my general direction…I look a mess and I don’t want to hear it. #gtfoh with that
- styleblogca Why do men honk and catcall at women from their cars? What do they think will happen? #dumb