Story Submissions Recap:
I accept street harassment submissions from anywhere in the world. Share your story!
- Stop Street Harassment Blog: 2 new stories from women in Minnesota and El Salvador/Costa Rica.
- HollaBack DC!: 2 new stories
- HollaBack NYC: 2 new stories
- HollaBackLDN: 4 new stories
- HollaBack PGH!: 1 new story
In the News, On the Blogs:
- KTVB, “Man arrested, accused of taking pictures under women’s skirts“
- Timothy McSweeney, “Sticks and Stones“
- Care2, “Virtual HarassMap Helps Egyptian Women Fight Street Harassment“
- UK Anti-Street Harassment Campaign, “Ken Livingstone supports the campaign“
- HollaBackLDN, “Street harassment is a criminal offense“
- The Ugly Duckling, “Sometimes I wish I were invisible“
- Is the book Stop Street Harassment at your library? If not, request it! You can also buy it online at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.c
- HollaBack NYC is hiring a Program Director
- HollaBack DC! is looking for a graphic design intern
- The London Anti-Street Harassment Campaign is growing so much that it’s now the UK Anti-Street Harassment Campaign. Find out how you can get involved. ASH campaigns will be starting soon in Belfast, Edinburgh, and Manchester.
- New HollaBacks will be launching soon in Los Angeles, Buenos Aires (@iHollabackBA), San Jose, Philadelphia, Berlin, and Paris!
- @rosieswash Women, I’m organising an anti-street harassment meeting for Oct. please email me firstname.lastname@example.org if u want 2 join
- RightRides is looking for interns & volunteers in NYC
- Oct. 12: HollaBack NYC is co-hosting a happy hour with Envision Williamsburg and Feministing in Brooklyn, NY
- Oct. 12: Street harassment book talk at the Red Cross building, Pasadena, CA, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 13: Street harassment book talk at Village Books, Pacific Palisades, CA, 7:30 p.m.
- Oct. 14: Street harassment book talk at University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, 4 p.m.
- Oct. 16: Street harassment book talk at the library of the University of Alaska, Anchorage, 4 p.m.
10 Tweets from the Week:
- Elderta I just love that the guys at the automobile shop have taught their parrot to catcall women as they walk by. NOT.
- khanyisile Street harassment. RT @Yo_lin: These guys called me names last time, now they wanna talk to me.. Mxm.. I wish there was another route home
- SuzBomb I am so unimpressed with the kind of Vancouver street harassment &assaults I keep hearing about from friends/witnessing myself
- msmagazine RT @Anti_Intellect: Sexual harassment on the street virtually never happens 2 me. #MalePrivilege You’ll get over it
- rightsandwrongs So my pitbull was a victim of #streetharassment by a man in a car making kissy noises & yelling “what’s the matter, boy?” What.
- DianeMassage to the man in the livery cab on washington and st marks, do not make me stop my bike to tell you to stop catcalling me! #streetharassment
- HKearl & your sons not 2 harass rt @sfxmaven @mkylemiller It’s never too early to train your daughter about what to do about street harassment.
- clembastow @ruminski plenty of men seem to think unwanted attention/street harassment is “okay” if they’re “polite” about it.
- notesandrainbws Was wondering if dying my hair bright red would increase street harassment…yep. Decidedly yep. Ugh.
- BLANK_NOISE attn GUYS! did you intervene? tell us how. we want stories of guys intervening to stop street sexual violence/ #eveteasing #bnguy