Story Submissions Recap:
I accept street harassment submissions from anywhere in the world. Share your story!
- Stop Street Harassment Blog: 3 stories from a woman in Edmonton, Canada, 1 from a woman in Virginia, and 1 from a woman in California
- HollaBack DC!: 5 new stories
- HollaBack NYC: 7 new stories
- HollaBack UK: 7 new stories
In the News, On the Blogs:
- CNN, “Twitter photo helps nab suspected flasher“
- WPIX, “Cops search for suspect in Astoria sexual assault“
- Jezebel, “What were you wearing when you were sexually harassed?” and the poll results
- Real Zest, “Street Harassment: Why Don’t Guys Understand It?“
- Frisky, “How do you handle a pervert?“
- Sept. 2: Stop Street Harassment Book Release Event in Washington, D.C.
- Sept 10: Stop Street Harassment Book Release Event in NYC
- Sept. 16: “Hey, You, Can I Get a Smile?” One-Woman Show, NYC
- Vote for HollaBack DC! in the Pepsi Refresh Challenge
- Vote for HollaBack NYC in the Paperless Choice Digital Fundraising Challenge
- HollaBack NYC is looking for interns
- Call for Artists: Women and Mobility in the City Exhibition (via Jagori)
- RightRides is looking for volunteers in NYC
- The book Stop Street Harassment is out in August. Pre-order it today!
10 Street Harassment Tweets from the Week:
- peterdaou The fight for gay rights, women’s rights, human rights: if one person is oppressed, we’re all oppressed. #lgbt #women
- jennpozner No, 19yrold douchebag following me home at 1:30 am, I am not going to invite you back to my apt. #MoveItAlong #StreetHarassment
- WenJoMath srsly, what do you think yelling “hoochi” at me from across the street is going to get you? #streetharassment
- Lvn2SrvHim Thank you Mr. Construction Guy. Your catcall as I walked by definitely made me feel like a puppy…a cheap one.
- gabriellle Loves when guys in cars whistle/catcall while nearly plowing her down on the sidewalk. Nothing turns me on like you almost taking my life.
- sararoxyoursox My rant about street harassment when I’m running. http://savemywetlands.blogspot.com/2010/08/open-letter.html
- hkearl: when it comes 2 #streetharassment why do we have 2 spend so much time saying women don’t “ask for it” or like it? http://tinyurl.com/37s3vlt
- piathabia Sometimes, I really hate men. #streetharassment
- ABookishBeemer Don’t care what your excuse is. Think you have a right to talk to a woman on the street? No. You don’t. Not sorry. #streetharassment
- Hello_Ladies I was only in NYC 10 minutes when I witnessed street harassment. Amazing.
Resource of the Week: