Story Submissions Recap:
I accept street harassment submissions from anywhere in the world. Share your story!
- Stop Street Harassment Blog: There were 5 stories from contributors in Illinois, Spain, Texas, India, and Mississippi.
- HollaBack Chicago: 2 new stories
- HollaBack DC!: 4 new stories
- HollaBack NYC: 4 new stories
- HollaBack UK: 4 new stories
- New York Times, “Fighting for Safe Passage on Indian Streets” (and visit the author’s blog to read more about what she learned while researching this story)
- Examiner, “Another upskirting incident reported in San Antonio grocery stores“
- Indian Express, “Battles Lines“
- The New Nation, “Opinion: Facing the Curse of Eve Teasing“
- The Times of India, “Women unsafe in Romeo city“
- Jezebel, “How Indian Women Fight Harassment“
- Racialicious, “Hey Baby: Link Round-Up and Open Thread“
- Cairo Guide, “Five Ways to Deal with Street Harassment”
- Vote for HollaBack DC! in the Pepsi Refresh Challenge
- Vote for HollaBack NYC in the Paperless Choice Digital Fundraising Challenge
- Call for Artists: Women and Mobility in the City Exhibition (via Jagori)
- RightRides is looking for volunteers in NYC
- The book Stop Street Harassment is out Aug. 30. Pre-order it today!
10 Street Harassment Tweets from the Week:
- adamfishpoet If you suffer #streetharassment, could you tweet giving location, and then tweeters who follow you could mass-report it?
- hollabackdc reader at last nite’s event said, “when i read about street harassment, it’s not a big deal. but when it happens to you, it’s paralyzing.”
- ABookishBeemer Nothing feels better than standing up to bullies. #streetharassment #feminism
- ZoeBW I need to be able to feel safe walking down the street in broad daylight. #streetharassment #DC
- MarianneDiNaps Bus driver watched me flip off guy harassing me, then lectured me on how “pretty girls need to learn to take a compliment” #streetharassment
- CatCall Men: 99% of the time I make eye contact…I am just letting you know that I will be able to assist in making the police sketch.
- IamHazelMay Creepy guys catcall me. Don’t care. Creepy guys catcall my daughter. Never knew I could snarl and go all ninja so fast. Yata!
- CTrouper: @iHollaback Lovely new little online London #hollaback site http://bit.ly/9M1EgA #hollaBIKE
- Snufkin Is it National Street Harassment week? Because I’ve had 2 creepy incidents in 3 days. It’s like being in Reno on North VA St.
- hollabackdc Because street harassment is underacknowledged, many ppl think it’s okay. Help stop this with your vote: http://pep.si/c39T2R
Resource of the Week: