It’s been one year since I received a book contract and a long seven months since I turned in my manuscript, but now it’s only one month until you can read my book Stop Street Harassment: Making Public Places Safe & Welcoming for Women!!
To celebrate, I’ll give away a signed copy of the book through a random drawing on Thursday night, July 29. I’ll announce the winner on the blog. This is open to individuals living anywhere in the world – street harassment is a global problem.
Want to enter the book giveaway?
- Email your name* to stopstreetharassment AT yahoo Dot com by 7 p.m. EST on 7/29
- Tweet about the drawing before 7 p.m. EST on 7/29 (e.g.: “RT by 7/29 to win a signed copy of @hkearl‘s groundbreaking book Stop Street Harassment http://tinyurl.com/3xum8sn”). As long as @hkearl is in your tweet, I will find it and include you in the drawing.
How can you read the book if you don’t win?
- You can pre-order the book on Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com. It will be available Aug. 30.
- My publisher mainly distributes to libraries, so look for it at a library near you.
Where has the book been mentioned?
- Ms. magazine (Summer 2010 issue)
- Forbes.com and ABC News (7/10)
- The Daily Femme (7/10)
- Crime Prevention 101 online radio show (6/10)
- Ms. magazine blog (6/10)
- The Oregonian (5/10)
- Werewolf (New Zealand publication) (5/10)
- AOL’s That’s Fit (5/10)
- Radio interview on CKNW in Vancouver (5/10)
- Today’s Zaman (Turkish newspaper) (5/10)
- Montreal’s The Gazette, Canada.com, Calgary Herald, The Vancouver Sun, Victoria Times Colonist (5/10)
- New York City Examiner (5/10)
- Feministing Blog (4/10)
- Toronto’s The Globe and Mail (3/10)
- Bitch magazine (Spring 2010 issue)
* Note: I will not share your email address with anyone. However, unless you specify you do not want me to, I may include you in future emails about book-related news or street harassment events.