Story Submissions Recap:
I accept street harassment submissions from anywhere in the world. Share your story!
- Stop Street Harassment Blog: There were 8 stories from women in Michigan, North Carolina, Toronto, Washington, Spain, New York, Connecticut, and “everywhere.”
- Hollaback DC!: 8 new stories
- Check out two great anti-street harassment poems on HollaBack NYC!
In the News:
- A new UN report shows that 2 in 3 women in Delhi, India, faced public sexual harassment 2-5 times in the past year.
- The Observer covers street harassment, the new LASH campaign in England, and mentions the Stop Street Harassment blog!
- Op-ed in the NY Daily News about HollaBack’s new iphone app and the grossness of subway harassers, also coverage of the iphone app on The Frisky and Feministe
10 Street Harassment Tweets of the Week:
- jennifercwang: I am so terrible and vicious to men who sexually harass me on the street. Stop using your tiny dick for a brain and I’ll stop stomping on it
- beleidy: And if women could walk in the street free of fear of harassment, they wouldn’t take transportation everywhere, even for very short distances
- JeanGrae: Men, it’s 2010. You still haven’t let go of the “deflating balloon/I have a secret 2 tell you aka PSST” catcall? #dobetter
- iHollaback: @monasosh Every time I see a baby girl, it reminds me of my 10 yr plan: create a world where they never have to experience #streetharassment
- praymurray: An amazing, outspoken and fearless initiative 2 deal w/street sexual harassment on the streets of India http://bit.ly/ct9Qy4
- komurphy: Keep thinking about ystrdy, 1st time I feared 4 my safety due 2 #streetharassment. It was impossible 2 ignore.
- tekniklr: Dug: “Street harassment puts women in an impossible position. When we do nothing or say nothing, it…” http://bit.ly/aaEnWv
- alaina_love: The @CatCall-ing has been incessant today. “I like your glasses” & “You look nice but you got a stanky attitude” (my fave).
- icebergha: If you want to tell a woman she’s pretty, TELL HER! Don’t be disrespectful & catcall, that won’t get you anywhere!!
- stopstharassmnt: Safe Delhi Campaign PSA shows how the community can play a critical role in making the city safer for wmen & grls http://tinyurl.com/28bwz5g
- Blank Noise in India is asking for contributions defining Action Heroes in the context of street harassment.
- Stop Street Harassment: Making Public Places Safe & Welcoming for Women is available Aug. 30. Pre-order your copy today!
Resource of the Week: