- On this blog, a woman declares she is not “walking sex” and decries street harassment, a man chased a woman on the subway platform in Hollywood, CA, a man treated a woman waiting at a bus stop in Dublin as if she were a prostitute, a woman shares her views on street harassment and declares no woman deserves such behavior, a Japanese man dry humped a woman on a train in Japan, a man yells at a woman in DC about her dog, a taxi driver and man on the street harassed another woman in the DC area, a man in Boston harassed a woman as she was getting ready to ride her bicycle, and a 13 year old girl in the UK says how upset she is that men harass her all the time.
- On HollaBackNYC a guy harassed a woman from his SUV,
- On HollaBack DC! a woman shares how HollaBack DC! helped her feel empowered to fight back against a street harasser, another sees a crotch grabber on the metro, and a man treats a woman like a dog with the way he whistled at her.
In the News:
- HollaBack NYC is looking for summer interns
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Here are 10 activism ideas for how you can raise awareness about this widespread problem and/or help raise funds for preventative programs and resources for survivors.
- Take two street harassment surveys and help researchers studying this problem.
- The submission deadline for an anthology on Queering Sexual Violence is extended until May 1, 2010.
- If you’re interested in becoming a RightRides driving team volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org – orientations will be occurring throughout April.
- If you’re in DC, attend Speak Up, Speak Out! on April 29.
- Sign up for Washington, DC, based Defend Yourself’s annual class on dealing with street harassers, being held on May 22.
Resource of the Week:
- The recently updated harassment map