- On this blog, a woman in Kentucky told how a man tried to walk with her and her friends, a man in Bavaria, Germany, calls a woman a “fat cow,” a woman in London shares three street harassment recollections, and a woman in Virginia tells how a man harassed her while she was running.
- On HollaBack NYC a woman shares how a man masturbated at her on the R subway train and she reported him to the police and a male ally spotted a man harassing women walking by while wearing his work uniform so the male ally is going to report him to his company.
- On HollaBack DC! a man harasses a woman while she waits for the light to change, another man progresses from catcalling a woman on the street to stalking her in a store, and another woman got an apology from a harasser when she told him she didn’t like what he was saying.
- On HollaBack Toronto, a woman tells how a man followed her after work.
In the News:
- Rape reports on the Washington, DC, metro system got “lost in the shuffle”
- “The nightmare of sexual harassment in Egypt“
- “In Mideast countries, women feel safer in ‘pink taxis’“
- AAUW’s blog Dialog has a guest post from HollaBack DC! about the history of street harassment activism in Washington, DC
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Here are 10 activism ideas for how you can raise awareness about this widespread problem and/or help raise funds for preventative programs and resources for survivors.
- Take two street harassment surveys and help researchers studying this problem.
- The submission deadline for an anthology on Queering Sexual Violence is extended until May 1, 2010.
- The Safe Delhi Campaign is looking for volunteers and interns.
- Blank Noise in India is looking for new logo submissions
- If you’re interested in becoming a RightRides driving team volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org – orientations will be occuring throughout April.
- HollaBack NYC is looking for volunteers with various skill sets to help them take their work to the next level.
- Share why you “Holla Back” for the HollaBack NYC website.
- If you’re in the Washington, DC, area, HollaBack DC! is hosting or participating in several events across the next few weeks, check out the info on their site.
- Sign up for Washington, DC, based Defend Yourself’s annual class on dealing with street harassers, being held on May 22.
Resource of the Week: