- On this blog, a woman in NYC tells about a sexually explicit comment made to her on her walk home, a woman in an unspecified location tells how a man tried to drag her along with him and his friends, and another woman in Virginia had a man make inappropriate comments to her and then hurl insults at her on her way to work.
- On HollaBack DC! a woman remembers how a man spit in her face as she crossed Key Bridge a few years ago and another talks about how she passed by a man who flashed her on the street.
- On the blog Freedom Fighter Alicia writes about a harassment experience in Washington, DC ,on the metro.
- On HollaBack NYC, a woman successfully told a man who was rubbing up on her on the subway to stop, another woman was masturbated on by a man during her subway ride, and another woman was harassed on the street and then blamed for it by a police officer to whom she reported it.
In the News:
- Women and girls in Islamabad, Pakistan, talk about harassment while riding and waiting for buses.
- A man groped a woman during a Disneyland ride and she filed a report.
- The New York Times covers subway muggings, harassment, and assault and cites New Yorkers for Safe Transit.
- Learn how to react to guys who groper on Jezebel.
- Rachel Simmons discusses whether or not girls see street harassment as a badge of honor or a battle scar.
- Equal Writes discusses anti-harassment ads on the New York subway system.
- A writer on the Guide to Global Muslim Culture talks about women-only public transportation from the perspective of a woman who has used it in Egypt.
- On Gender Across Borders a writer talks about being fed up with street harassment and the male gaze.
- HollaBack NYC co-founder Emily May was interviewed for Global Sister.
- Vagina Monologues fundraiser for a DC chapter of RightRides on Feb. 13 and 14.
Resource of the Week: