Now that I’m done writing my book, I’m back to doing a weekly round up blog post on Sundays. This is my first edition since August, welcome!
- On this blog, a woman in Manchester, UK, tells about a time a man harassed her and a friend on the bus and then the man slapped her behind. A woman in New York City says that “dressing professionally” doesn’t stop men from harassing her. Another woman tells how a man stalked her at a bookstore in Norristown, PA.
- On HollaBack DC! a woman shares how a man harassed her when she was eating a salad at a restaurant and another woman shares how her new response to harassers worked out.
In the News:
- A man who masturbated in a Starbucks in Chicago while staring at women patrons was charged with indecent exposure.
- A man in Portland was arrested after he gave unwanted haircuts to fellow female bus riders.
- A draft anti-sexual harassment law was introduced in Egypt this week.
- An Egyptian woman writes an opinion piece about how being veiled doesn’t prevent men from groping women.
- Learn how groping happens, from the Washington City Paper.
- Want an easy way to report harassers from your phone or want to receive a report showing all the places harassment has recently occurred? Then vote for HollaBack 2.0! This is a proposed project by HollaBack NYC and RightRides and they’re in the second round of a competition for funding to make this a reality.
- After more than two months, I updated my HarassMap with the stories people have submitted to my blog. Check out the map to see all the places where street harassment is occurring.
Resource of the Week: