- On this blog, contributors submitted stories about getting harassed at a swimming pool in Dubai, being harassed by a man in an SUV in Ohio, and weekly harassment experiences in Portland, OR.
- Holla Back Toronto has a new story about a woman getting sexually assaulted on her walk from a bus stop and a contributor discusses getting harassed by male customers at her job.
- On Holla Back NYC a woman tells about getting harassed by a several men in one day. Her post includes a photo of some of them.
- On Holla Back DC! a woman was groped by a man passing by on his bike, another was harassed by a “serial harasser,” and a third witnessed a man masturbating at a DC metro station.
In the News:
- There is a new, thriving women-run taxi business in Beirut, Lebanon, which helps women get around safely and free from male harassment.
- A “wolf whistling” contest was held in Ireland this week to see which man can whistle at women the best…disgusting!
- In Philadelphia, PA, a man threatened and groped a woman at knife point on the subway. She was holding her baby at the time.
- The Young Women’s Action Team is holding a free “Anti-Street Harassment Summer Camp” on August 1, in Chicago, IL. It looks like it will be a great event, so check it out if you’re in the Chicago area.
- I’ve been offered a book contract for my proposed book on street harassment! Submit your stories for inclusion.
- Enter a photography contest for photographers who capture or depict street harassment, particularly in the DC area. Selected winners will have the chance to show/sell their work at a reception the evening before the Holla Back DC: Make DC Harassment Free Summit.
- RightRides in NYC recently has expanded their services of a free ride home from Saturday nights to include Friday nights too! They offer this service from 11:59 p.m. – 3 a.m. in 45 neighborhoods across four boroughs. To call for a ride, the dispatch number is (718) 964-7781 OR (888)215-SAFE (7233).
Street Harassment Resource of the Week:
A video by a Penn State student showing the volume of harassment women experience on campus.