- On this blog, a woman in the Bronx, NY, talks about getting followed on the street by a man she didn’t know.
- On HollaBack Toronto, Claudia tells her success story for reporting a man who was touching her inappropriately on the subway. Way to go!
- On Holla Back NYC, a 15 year old contributor tells about being assaulted on the D train on her way home from school. Very horrible😦
- Holla Back DC! contributor asks a harasser if she has the right to be out alone on a Friday night!?
- Two years ago Blank Noise Project asked readers to submit their list of things they wished they could do in their city (for example, smile when they wanted, not have to think about who’s watching them, be able to go out at night and be safe…) and last Saturday afternoon, they invited people to come to Cubbon Park to live out their wish list, including wearing something they wished they could wear but never had for fear of harassment. You can read quotes from participants on their blog.
In the News:
- The Telegraph in the UK had an article about colleges in India who are banning certain women’s clothing in an attempt to cut down on the “eve teasing” women students receive from men.
Street Harassment Resource of the Week: